Our neighborhood is unique within PSGRC in that each homeowner is responsible for the care and exterior maintenance of their residence. Refer to the Business and Service Provider Directory for companies or individuals that have provided services in PSGRC.
Changes to the exterior of your home including landscaping, require the approval of the Pinehurst NVR and the Architectural Review Committee (ARC). For a complete understanding of what changes require approval and the process for obtaining approval refer to the ARC Guidelines and Procedures and to the ARC Application Process. The ARC application must be submitted to Denise Williams, PSGRC Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval by the Pinehurst NVR and ARC.
Each home owner’s responsibilities include the following basic items:
- Exterior painting, as required, must conform to Pinehurst Exterior House Painting Requirements.
- Exterior painting requires Pinehurst NVR and ARC approvals.
- Roof cleaning (recommended every two to three years)
- For roof replacement, refer to Exhibit R of the ARC Guidelines and Procedures.
- Mowing, fertilizer, reseeding and sod
- Irrigation (lawn sprinklers)
- The following require ARC approval:
- Installation, removal, modification or addition of landscaping
- Modifications of sprinkler and irrigation systems
- Decorative edging or curbing of any material.
- Replacement of landscape, other than trees or palms, with like-sized plantings does not require ARC approval.
- For trees and palms, it is recommended that:
- tree and palm trimming be done during September through November. Refer to Exhibit N – Tree and Palm Trimming Guidelines.
- coconuts be removed from palm trees prior to hurricane season.
- A protected tree or palm must be replaced preferably with the same species. A non-protected shall be replaced unless ARC waives its replacement. Removal and replacement of trees and palms require Pinehurst NVR and ARC approval. Refer to the Pinehurst Tree Recommendations and the following Exhibits to the ARC Guidelines and Procedures: