Waste and Recycling Service
- Lee County provides trash and recycling services. The cost of this services is included as an assessment in your real estate tax bill.
- Recycling is picked up curbside on Monday mornings (6:00 AM). Containers may be placed at the end of your driveway on Sunday evening after 6:00 PM. Containers should be placed with the handles facing your home (not the street).
- Yard waste may be placed alongside your recycling bin. All containers/bags must be compatible with the recycling regulations.
- Trash is picked up curbside on Tuesday mornings (6:00 AM). Containers may be placed at the end of your driveway on Monday evening after 6:00 PM.
Internet and Cable Service
Pelican Sound GRC has a master contract for internet and cable service with Comcast (Xfinity). The high-speed internet and HD video package contains the following:
- The latest Xfinity hardware and software including a voice remote.
- An expanded lineup of HD TV channels – 130+ total channels, including HBO.
- An X1 HD DVR receiver and two X1 companion HD boxes that can also display DVR (a total of 3 TVs connected)
- Three voice activated wireless remote controls
- An up to date wireless modem/router gateway with a high-speed blast Internet (75Mbdown/10Mbup)
Because these services are bundled for the community, the cost of the entire package will range from $42 to $72 a month. All the benefits of the new Comcast contract are part of our expanded Pelican Sound Amenity package. Everyone will have access to these features even if they are not used; you cannot opt out of it.
If you have more than 3 TVs, you will be able to rent additional X1 companion boxes or use the DTA’s (Digital Television Adapters). These will add a monthly charge to your individual account.
Telephone service: If you have or want a phone line through Comcast, that will be available for $25 a month with all features and unlimited long distance.
The master contract does not allow for “seasonal” shut down or vacation holds for basic cable and internet services. Phone services, if provided, may be placed on seasonal hold. Because Internet services will be available throughout the year, residents will be able to access internet-based thermostats, security systems, etc. anytime from anywhere.
Comcast information and customer service is available at 1-800-Xfinity (1-800-934-6489).